SMART Way Forward were appointed by Active Essex, one of the leading County Sports Partnerships (CSP) in the UK, to deliver a series of coach development modules to develop the skills of sports coaches around the county of Essex. In conjunction with Active Essex and Essex County Council, SMART Way Forward successfully delivered a programme of workshops which helped develop the skills of sports coaches from a variety of sports. It also helped raise the profile of the CSP, along with raising participation figures for both men/women of various age groups being involved in sport around the County. Each coach development workshop was for 3 hours in the evening, one per month, over a period of 6 months.
- Coach development workshops delivered within the programme included:
- Delivering excellent customer service
- The importance of coaching and volunteering in sport
- Effective communication skills for sports coaches
- Understanding learning styles and personality types
- Gender differences in sport
- Behaviour change