Continued Professional Development (CPD) within sport has always been an area we have been very passionate about at SMART Way Forward.
We recognise that people (especially sports coaches) like to develop their skills regularly, so they can become even more effective within in their roles. This is even more apparent when sports coaches are working with athletes and players, training them to perform successfully at the highest level.
With this in mind, we have designed some specific CPD coaching workshops to help County Sports partnerships (CSPs) and sports National Governing Bodies (NGBs) develop the knowledge, experience and needs of their community, development and performance coaches around their regions. Subject areas include the following:
– Effective communication skills for sports coaches
– Effective personal management for sports coaches
– Planning & prioritisation (inc. training schedules & periodisation)
– Observation & analysis during coaching
– Delivering constructive feedback
– The basics of coaching effectively
– The preparation & research required to develop effective coaching skills
– Mentoring & gaining valuable coaching experience
– The importance of volunteering & coaching in sport
– Advertising, marketing & promotion for your sports club (inc. social media)
They have been very well received and we are now working with an number of CSPs & NGBs.
Duration of these workshops varies depending upon the subject area being delivered. However most run for either a two, three or four hour period.
Our rates are extremely competitive and include all preparation work prior to delivery, so you have the flexibility of running these workshops during working hours, at evenings or at weekends!
So if you are a County Sports Partnership (CSP) or sports National Governing Body looking to develop the skills or your community coaches, why not give us a call on either +44 (0) 7980 300169 or email email@example.com to see how we can help you.